Five wines your wallet can handle

Put down the “Two Buck Chuck.” Walk away from the André. There are other cheap, but satisfying choices out there, and you don’t have to go far to find them. Wine snobs and newbies alike will appreciate this list of great buys at Trader Joe’s.

Les Caves Joseph Bordeaux

Type: Bordeaux Blanc
Country of Origin: France
Price: $5.99

While this bordeaux is no Franzia, it is a light white wine that is a good buy for a group of people who have different tastes or if you’re soloing it for the night. It’s simple and effective.

Viñas Chilenas

Type: Sauvignon Blanc
Country of Origin: Chile
Price: $3.99

If it’s possible for wine to have a nice texture, this wine does. This South American wine is flavorful but not heavy, and doesn’t leave you feeling full. You’ll never find your glass empty and you will come back for more with this lingering wine.

Yellow Tail

Type: Chardonnay
Country of Origin: Australia
Price: $5.99

If you only care a little about what kind of white wine you’re buying, Yellow Tail is what you should reach for. It’s a tad more acidic than a traditional oaky chardonnay, but if your purpose tonight is to get drunk, then stick with this standard.

Chiusa Grande Tommolo Montepulciano d’Abruzzo

Type: Montepulciano
Country of Origin: Italy
Price: $5.99

If you can’t decide whether you prefer white wine or red wine, this bottle may be the right one for you. Made from organic grapes, this is a fine light and dry table wine that’s good for people who don’t tend to like red. Think of it as a transitional wine even wine snobs can enjoy.

Black Mountain

Type: Pinot Noir
Country of Origin: United States (California)
Price: $6.99

This is a great wine for all. It has a fuller body but is still rather mild, leaving you warm and smiley, and has more of a sophisticated taste than its price would lead you to assume. Interestingly enough, Black Mountain is owned by the same company that makes Charles Shaw wine, but this pinot is much tastier, and very drinkable.