Crime Log

Assault

10/23/09 – Property on campus – 10:06 a.m. – Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a report of an argument between a pedestrian and a driver over who had the right of way. When UPD officers arrived, MPD had already separated the two men. No further action

Disorderly conduct

10/25/09 – International House – 1:05 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers observed a student throwing debris from his window toward an area where a UPD vehicle was parked. Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

10/24/09 – Dakota Apartments – 3:06 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of loud noise. When the subjects in the room were confronted, officers observed alcohol and marijuana in plain view. A GW Housing Programs representative conducted an administrative search and found 1 gram of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Referred to Student Judicial Services

10/25/09 – Thurston Hall – 1:42 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of a suspicious odor, and found an intoxicated male subject in the room when they arrived. The subject was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. A GW Housing Programs representative conducted an administrative search and found 3.3 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Fraud

10/24/09 – Private property on campus – Multiple times – Open case

A student reported that she had misplaced her GWorld and later found charges on it. Open case

Liquor Law Violation

10/25/09 – Outside South Hall – 1:40 a.m. – Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated male student on the sidewalk in front of South Hall. He was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Robbery

10/23/09 – Private property on campus – 8:00 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported that while he was walking down the street and twirling his keys on his finger, an unknown subject rode past him on a bike and took the keys from him. Closed, no identifiable subject

Theft

10/24/09 – Gelman Starbucks – 4:30 p.m. – Case closed

A student reported that she had laid her umbrella down on a table and turned to put sugar in her coffee. When she turned around, her umbrella was gone. Closed, no identifiable subject