Program Board will host Maroon 5

Grammy award-winning pop group Maroon 5 will perform at the Smith Center on Nov. 13, Program Board announced Sunday afternoon.

Hip hop artist K’Naan will also perform, said PB Executive Vice Chair Wesley Callahan. Student tickets will cost $30 and go on sale Friday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. at the Marvin Center Ticketmaster Office.

Tickets must be purchased in person with a valid GWorld card, and are limited to six tickets per student. PB Chair Tiffany Meehan declined to say how many tickets would be available, saying that information had to come from Ticketmaster. A call to the office Sunday evening was not returned.

The band will visit 11 universities on their national “Back to School” tour, including Cornell University, Virginia Tech and the University of Delaware, according to the band’s Web site. PB began to work with Maroon 5 in June in order to bring the band to campus, Meehan said.

Last year, PB hosted a well-attended spring concert with Jason Mraz and Ben Folds.

“We’re really excited, I mean last year when we brought Jason Mraz and Ben Folds we were just not only excited about such a great show but we were excited because we couldn’t think of anyone that could top it or that students could be as excited about,” Meehan said. “So when we found out Maroon 5 was definitely going to come, we were just so happy. The little feedback we have gotten already from students has been great.”

The group is best known for their songs “This Love,” “She Will Be Loved,” and “Sunday Morning,” and have sold more than 10 million albums in the United States.

Meehan said PB will not make a profit off of the show, and that ticket prices are similar at every school on the tour.