Crime Log

Burglary

9/2/09 – time unknown – Somers Hall – case open

A GW student contacted the University Police Department to report that her watch was stolen out of her jewelry box in her room. Open case

Destruction

9/5/09 – 9:57 p.m. – Amsterdam Hall – case open

UPD responded to a fire alarm activation caused when a sprinkler head was broken off. Open case

Disorderly Conduct

9/7/09 – 4:15 a.m. – Thurston Hall – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a male subject knocking on doors and tearing down dry erase boards. Officers stopped an individual matching the description of the subject, and he admitted to tearing down the signs. He was subsequently barred from campus. Referred to SJS

Hit & Run

9/4/09 – 3:18 a.m. – Public Property on Campus – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a traffic incident. The complainant said that an unknown taxi made a U-turn, struck his vehicle, and then sped off quickly. Referred to Metropolitan Police

Illegal Dumping

9/2/09 – 12:20 p.m. – Public Property on Campus – case closed

UPD responded to a report of protesters leaving trash and spitting in the grass in front of Townhouse Row. No identifiable suspects

Liquor Law Violation

9/5/09 – 3:00 a.m. – South Hall – case closed

UPD officers observed GW students in the courtyard of the building consuming alcohol. Officers identified the students, and after the alcohol was disposed of the individuals were sent on their way. Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

9/3/09 – 9:15 p.m. – Somers Hall – case open

Officers responded to a report from a student that he had gotten in a fight with another individual. The student said he believed the other person was a student, but was unable to identify him. Open case

Theft

9/3/09 – time unknown – University Mall – case closed

Officers responded to a report of a bicycle theft from the Ross Hall bike rack. The student told UPD officers that he had secured his bike earlier in the day and, when he returned, it was missing except for the front wheel, which was still secured to the bike rack. No suspects or witnesses