Best of the Crime Log

Confiscated ID

4/12/09 – 1:06 a.m. – City Hall – case closed

University Police Department officers were called because there was a report of an underage individual with two unopened cases of Bud Light. An individual, who was not in possession of the alcohol but in contact with the individuals, presented an identification card to UPD officers, but it was fraudulent. The ID was confiscated. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Destruction

3/27/09 – 12:47 a.m. – Public property on campus – case closed

An officer heard a loud crashing sound while on patrol. He turned around to find an individual walking away from a scooter that had been knocked over. The student admitted to knocking it over and he was arrested. Closed by arrest

Disorderly Conduct

2/7/09 – 11:41 p.m. – 1959 E Street – case closed

UPD officers responded to a call of an individual climbing up the side of the residence hall. When the officers arrived, the individual was on a second floor ledge. The officers ordered him to come down and he complied. Subject barred from campus

Lewd Act

3/6/09 – 10:30 p.m. – Gelman Library – case closed

A female student told UPD that she saw an unidentified male student masturbating in the library. When UPD arrived, he could not be found. No identifiable subjects.

Liquor Law Violation

9/27/08 – 10:04 p.m. – Smith Center – case closed

UPD received a call about a nude male at the Foggy Bottom Grocery. When police arrived, the man was no longer there. Officers then received a call from the Smith Center that a male without a shirt entered the building, matching the description of the male at the grocery store. When police arrived and questioned the student about why he was not wearing a shirt, he said he was having a reaction to a medicine he was taking. When UPD performed sobriety tests on the subject at the scene, he failed and was transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

2/14/09 – 12:47 a.m. – Dakota Apartments – case closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint in the residence hall. When officers entered the room, alcohol was in plain view. Thirty-one individuals, some students and some unaffiliated with the University, were found in the room. Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

3/14/09 – 3:11 a.m. – Public property on campus

A UPD officer observed a female GW student staggering through campus. Officers performed a sobriety test and during the course of the test, the student attempted to slap one of the officers. She then removed one of her shoes and threw it at an officer. She was placed in protective custody and transported to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS