Crime Log

Assault

4/12/09 – 2:00 a.m. – Guthridge Hall – case closed

Two students in a relationship became involved in a verbal argument that escalated into a physical fight where the female student hit the male student. The Metropolitan Police Department was notified and a detective arrived on scene. After obtaining verbal statements from both individuals, the female student was arrested. Closed by arrest

Confiscated ID

4/12/09 – 1:06 a.m. – City Hall – case closed

University Police Officers were called because there was a report of an underage individual with two unopened cases of Bud Light. An individual, who was not in possession of the alcohol but in contact with the individuals, presented an identification card to UPD officers, but it was fraudulent. The ID was confiscated. Referred to SJS

Destruction

4/11/09 – 1:01 a.m. – 1957 E Street – open case

Someone reported that an unknown individual had taken the poster board stand from the lobby of the Elliott School building. They had also thrown newspapers, overturned trash cans and ripped down posters.

Disorderly Conduct

City Hall – 4/7/09 – 1:00 a.m. – open case

A resident reported that the night before they had observed a man urinating on their door.

4/7/09 – MFA Building – 2:40 p.m. – case closed

UPD was called about two suspicious men in the Medical Faculty Associates Building who had been harassing various women on campus. When UPD arrived, they could only locate one of the two individuals. This individual was verbally and physically abusive toward the officers and was arrested. Closed by arrest

4/10/09 – 2:30 a.m. – Public property on campus – open case

UPD received a complaint regarding beer bottles and cans being thrown into the School Without Walls construction site.

Theft

4/12/09 – 1:50 a.m. – Ivory Tower – case closed

While responding to an activated alarm, a UPD officer observed a student steal his bike helmet. The subject was eventually stopped in the lobby of Ivory and was not forthcoming with information. The officer arrested him. While in the officer’s custody, the individual was searched and he was in possession of marijuana. Closed by arrest