Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

3/31/09 – 12:41 p.m. – 1959 E Street – case closed

University Police Department officers were called in response to an individual not affiliated with the University who was ranting and conducting himself in a disorderly manner. The individual had previously been barred from campus. Subject arrested

4/1/09 – Gelman Library – open case

A Gelman employee reported that someone defecated on the floor.

4/2/09 – Thurston Hall – case closed

An anonymous report stated that someone was throwing water balloons from Thurston Hall. When UPD officers arrived, they did not see anything. No identifiable suspects

Drug Law Violation

4/2/09 – 6:45 p.m. – Munson Hall – case closed

UPD officers received a call about a suspicious odor. When they arrived, they knocked on the door and entered to find one male student in the room. Officers called the community director who performed an administrative search, which yielded 0.4 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

4/1/09 – Public property on campus – case closed

UPD received an anonymous call about a visibly intoxicated male not affiliated with the University sitting at a bus stop. Metropolitan Police Department officers arrived on scene, and because the individual was injured, he was transported to the GW Hospital for treatment. No further action

4/3/09 – 2:45 a.m. – Thurston Hall – case closed

UPD observed an intoxicated female in Thurston Hall. She was transported to the GW Hospital for treatment. Referred to SJS

Theft

4/3/09 – Gelman Library – open case A student left her GWorld on a copy machine in Gelman Library. Someone made about $10 worth of copies with her GWorld.