Pulitzer Prize-winning comic artist Art Spiegelman, most widely known for “Maus,” which recounts his father’s experience in the Holocaust, sent a playlist our way. Spiegelman said the tracks would be on his iPod – if he had one.
The legendary artist will speak at Jack Morton Auditorium in the SMPA building on Thursday, April 2, at 7 p.m., presented by the creative writing department.
1. Oops . I Did It Again – Max Raabe & the Palast Orchester (Weimar-style cover version)
2. Do-Do-Do – Oskar Dénes
3. Coin-Operated Boy – Dresden Dolls
4. Euphoria – The Holy Modal Rounders
5. Call of the Wylie (Acme’s Piano’s dropped On My Head) – Evan Lurie
6. Ain’t Got No Home – Clarence “Frogman” Henry
7. SS in Uruguay – Serge Gainsbourg
8. Jump – Van Dyke Parks
9. I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire -The Ink Spots
10. Banging In the Nails – Tiger Lillies
11. Perpetuum Mobile – Penguin Cafe Orchestra
12. Perpetuum Mobile – Comedian Harmonists