Crime Log

Arson

3/25/09 – Public property on campus – case closed

Someone reported that a trash can on the H Street side of the Marvin Center was on fire. University Police Department officers found motor oil cans at the bottom of the trash can. No suspects or witnesses

Destruction

3/27/09 – 12:47 a.m. – Public property on campus – case closed

An officer heard a loud crashing sound while on patrol. He turned around to find an individual walking away from a scooter that had been knocked over. The student admitted to knocking it over and he was arrested. Closed by arrest

Disorderly Conduct

3/26/09 – 12:01 a.m. – case closed

Someone activated a blue emergency light at 22nd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. When an emergency response member responded, they found an intoxicated male not affiliated with GW. He was argumentative and screaming obscenities. D.C. Fire and Emergency Services responded, but the individual signed a refusal of medical treatment. Subject barred from campus

3/28/09 – 10:45 p.m. – New Hall – case closed

An anonymous individual reported that someone in New Hall was throwing water balloons from a window in the residence hall. No identifiable suspect

Liquor Law Violation

3/29/09 – 12:49 a.m. – Dakota Apartments – case closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint in the residence hall. Twenty-four students were in the room and alcohol was in plain view. Sobriety tests were performed and UPD disposed of the alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Simple Assault

3/28/09 – 3:04 a.m. – New Hall

UPD responded to a fistfight. A male student was fighting another individual, who was unaffiliated with the university, and had allegedly offered to give a group of students a ride back to campus from a club. Metropolitan Police Department officers responded, but neither individual wanted to press charges and they were released. Subject barred from campus

Unlawful Entry

3/26/09 – 12:25 p.m. – Marvin Center – case closed

UPD officers found a male not affiliated with the University sleeping in Columbian Square. He had been previously barred from campus. He was so intoxicated that he could not stand on his own. He was transported to the GW Hospital for treatment. Subject barred from campus