Crime Log

Destruction

2/22/09 – Gelman Library – case closed

A staff member reported that an individual had defecated on the toilet seat in the library bathroom.

Disorderly Conduct

2/19/09 – 2:35 p.m. – MFA Building – case closed

University Police Department officers were notified of a disorderly patient. When officers arrived, the individual had left the scene.

Drug Law Violation

2/20/09 – 1:00 a.m. – Thurston Hall – case closed

While on patrol, a UPD officer observed a suspicious odor. The officer contacted a community director who performed an administrative search on the room that yielded 4.1 grams of marijuana. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

2/19/09 – 11:26 p.m. – Thurston Hall – case closed

Officers observed an intoxicated female student in the lobby of the residence hall. EMeRG was notified and she was transported to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

2/20/09 – 12:56 a.m. – Off campus – case closed

The Metropolitan Police Department contacted UPD to report that they found an intoxicated female student lying in the 1700 block of 15th Street. MPD transported her back to campus. EMeRG was called and she was transported to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

2/20/09 – 8:10 p.m. – Public property on campus – case closed

UPD learned that two individuals were involved in an altercation. Officers arrived on the scene and contacted MPD because neither individual was affiliated with the University. Both individuals were arrested.

2/22/09 – 2:15 a.m. – West End Apartment – case closed

A female student returned to her room in the residence hall to find her ex-boyfriend sitting outside the door. She invited him in and he begged her to talk to him. Throughout the argument, another female student heard the fight from an adjoining room and she called UPD. When she told the male student that she had called UPD, he pushed the witness against the door. Referred to SJS

Theft

2/20/09 – 12:05 p.m. – Marvin Center – open case

A female student stated that she was in the food court and put down her belongings, but when she returned her wallet was missing.

Weapons Violation

2/17/09 – 3:50 p.m. – FSK Hall – case closed

UPD was contacted by Health and Safety inspection because they had found a butterfly knife in a student’s room. UPD took custody of the knife because it violated University policy. Referred to SJS