Man pleads guilty to assaulting bar employee

A New York man pleaded guilty Monday to attacking an bar employee with a bottle at McFadden’s Bar and Grill last month.

David Casagrande, 21, was arrested on Dec. 13 on charges of assault with a deadly weapon for attacking Michael Stiltz, 23, who court documents state is an employee at McFadden’s.

Around 1:30 a.m., Stiltz was leaving the restroom at McFadden’s when Casagrande told everyone to “get out of the bathroom,” according to court documents. Stiltz responded by telling Casagrande, “I get out of the bathroom if you get out of the way,” at which point Casagrande pushed Stiltz from behind. When Stiltz turned around, Casagrande smashed a beer bottle across his face, court documents state.

Stiltz was taken to the GW Hospital and left with multiple lacerations on his forehead, nose and neck from the incident, according to a police report. He is still working at McFadden’s, manager Alex Blecki said Wednesday.

Casagrande, who had no prior arrests, was charged with one count of assault with a dangerous weapon. He pleaded guilty to one count of simple assault and one count of possessing a prohibited weapon. He will be sentenced on April 14.

Both Casagrande and his attorney declined to comment. At trial, he presented the prosecution with a letter of apology for the victim.