Ex-student arrested for stalking

A former student who was arrested twice last month for unlawfully entering campus buildings was arrested again last week for allegedly stalking a GW alumna, according to court documents.

Chris Gauss, 21, sent more than 1,000 harassing e-mails and voice messages to a 2008 graduate, according to an arrest warrant filed last week in D.C. Superior Court. Gauss, who lives in Pennsylvania, was a student at GW from 2005 until October 2007.

The victim, whose name is being withheld because of privacy concerns, said she and Gauss were acquaintances and had met socially once while they were both students at GW. She added that she had not spoken to him for a while before he started harassing her in September.

Court documents paint a detailed picture of Gauss’ repeated attempts to contact the alleged victim, including messages like, “I will ravish you, and you will deliver me a son, my love, and then we could have a daughter.” He also said he was evil and did not fear anything, according to the documents.

In January, Gauss allegedly sent an e-mail to the victim saying that no one wanted to “have much to do with me” and if she felt the same way, he “won’t have any ill toward [her],” court documents show.

Gauss had originally been barred from campus for a drug-related incident in October 2007, University Police Department Chief Dolores Stafford said. In December, Gauss was then arrested twice in three days for unlawfully entering two buildings on campus.

He was arrested Dec. 2 after UPD officers found him yelling at students in J Street, according to court documents. After being ordered by the court to stay away from GW, he was charged with contempt on Dec. 4 when UPD found him causing a disturbance in Gelman Library, documents show. It is unclear why Gauss was on campus in December.

A woman answering the phone at Gauss’ home declined to comment. Gauss’ attorney also declined to comment.

Gauss was released from custody on Jan. 8 and is due back in court for a mental observation hearing on Jan. 15.