Start your search online

University of Dreams

University of Dreams offers an internship placement program that allows students to apply for positions in major cities such as New York, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles and even Barcelona and Hong Kong.

Not only does the program secure an internship, but it also sets up housing, meals, weekend activities and transportation to and from work. University of Dreams also offers some spring and fall internships that are not as “all-inclusive.” If you are looking to make some money, however, this site is not for you: These internships are for credit and there are some fees associated with the programs. See more at www.SummerInternships.com.

StudentCentral.com

StudentCentral.com claims to be “the nation’s largest network of college job seekers.” You must register to view job and internship listings, but the resources seem limitless. It appears that the creators of the site are very well-connected with various colleges and employers across the United States. It also has a section devoted to helping students with résumés, cover letters and interviewing skills.

The Web site lists jobs that are specifically geared toward college students or recent graduates. Those interested in applying can post a résumé on the site for potential employers.

GWork and On-Campus Recruiting (OCR)

For GW students, GWork is one of the best resources. The various career centers in each of the GW schools have compiled listings from employers for internships, part-time jobs, full-time jobs and short-term jobs. Furthermore, On-Campus Recruiting is used for many of the larger organizations seeking students.

One downside of GWork is the majority of the listings are for the D.C. area. If you are looking to spend a summer elsewhere, this isn’t the place for you.

GlobalExperiences.com

One of the best global internship sites, Global Experiences provides placement, housing and even a rental phone through its international internship program. The program helps set up internships in six countries – Spain, Italy, Australia, Ireland, France and The United Kingdom. You must be at least 19 years old to participate in the program and must work in the field in which you are studying. Students also receive credit but are not paid.