Crime Log

Simple Assault

11/13/08 – Lafayette Hall – case closed

Two male roommates were arguing when the one hit the other. The victim reported the incident to the University Police Department, but declined to press charges. Referred to Student Judicial Services.

11/16/08 – Madison Hall – case closed

A female student reported that she had been drinking in Thurston Hall and when she returned to her residence hall, Madison Hall, an unknown individual or individuals assaulted her in her sleep, allegedly as a prank. Referred to SJS .

Harassment

11/13/08 – Ivory Tower – case closed

A female student reported that a former roommate harassed her via text message. Referred to SJS .

Destruction

11/16/08 – Thurston Hall – case closed

An officer responded to an anonymous report that a fire extinguisher case had been removed from the wall. No suspects or witnesses.

Fraud

11/16/08 – Public property on campus – open case

A male student reported that he realized his GWorld was missing when he went to pay at a restaurant. He said a pickpocket probably took the card. Case open.

Burglary

11/15/08 – Thurston Hall – open case

A student reported that when she returned to her room in the residence hall, her iPod was gone and there was a message left on the door from someone who said they had stolen it. She said she was unsure whether or not she had locked her door. Case open.

Threats

11/15/08 – Off campus – case closed

An anonymous student reported that she received daily messages from someone she used to be in a relationship with who is not affiliated with GW, although she asked him to stop. One of the correspondences was threatening in nature. UPD advised the student to call the local police in the district where he lives. Off-campus incident.

Liquor Law Violation

11/15/08 – Thurston Hall – 1:16 a.m. – case closed

An officer observed an individual entering Thurston Hall who appeared to be intoxicated. When UPD assessed him, they determined he needed medical attention and transported him to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS.