Three new venues added to GWorld program

This was post was written by Hatchet reporter Lauren French

Three local restaurants will begin accepting GWorld, according to Student Association members and the GWorld Department.

Café Tu-o-Tus, An Uncommon Café, and Sandella’s Flatbread Café are all in the process of installing GWorld machines. An Uncommon Café will start the service within the next week with the other two venues hoping to accept GWorld by the end of the semester.

Located on Pennsylvania Avenue in Georgetown, Café Tu-O-Tus is famous for its sandwiches and wraps. An Uncommon Café, at 1850 G St., emphasizes buffet-style dinning, offering a gourmet salad bar, Chinese food and American cuisine for $6.55 per pound. They also offer a full breakfast buffet at $5.55 per pound. According to their Web site, Sandella’s Flatbread, located at 900 19th St., offers “health-conscious” wraps and flatbread sandwiches.

“It is important that students have choices besides what is on campus,” said Lee Eglovitch, director of I.L. Creations, which owns An Uncommon Cafe.

SA Director of Dining and Retail Services Chris Franzetti said he has been working with the GWorld office to add additional restaurants to the GWorld program in the coming semesters.

“The new GWorld venues represent another step towards increased variety of dining options for students,” Franzetti said. “I am excited to explore some of the new restaurants that have appeared on GWorld this year and to further explore the area just off of GW’s campus.”