Crime Log

CRIME LOG

Sex Abuse

8/30/08 – Thurston Hall – open case

A mother reported that her 14-year-old daughter visited someone in the residence hall earlier this semester after meeting them on Facebook. The mother reported that her daughter and the person had sexual intercourse, which constituted statutory rape. Referred to the Metropolitan Police Department.

Disorderly Conduct

11/05/08 – 1:58 a.m. – Thurston Hall – case closed

Officers witnessed someone throwing items from a window on the F Street side of the residence hall. Officers identified the room, entered and discovered the occupant had thrown condoms filled with water. Referred to Student Judicial Services.

Drug Law Violation

11/07/08 – 9:52 a.m. – The Dakota – case closed

An officer on duty smelled marijuana. When the University Police Department identified the room, they called the community director to perform an administrative search, which yielded drug paraphernalia and 0.2 grams of marijuana. Referred to SJS.

Simple Assault

11/08/08 – 2:52 a.m. – City Hall – case closed

An officer witnessed two female students having a conversation, when one slapped the other. UPD assessed the girl who slapped the other student and determined that she was intoxicated. Officers called EMeRG and the D.C. Fire Department, who transported the intoxicated student to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS.

Liquor Law Violation

11/08/08 – 1:10 a.m. – Marvin Center – case closed

A male student was found lying unconscious near the entrance to the Dorothy Betts Theatre in the Marvin Center. EMeRG transported him to the GW Hospital. Referred to SJS.