Crime Log

Liquor Law Violation

9/26/08 – Thurston Hall – 1:23 a.m. – case closed

A female student called the University Police Department to report that two unidentified males brought her roommate into her Thurston Hall room. EMeRG was called and transported the roommate to GW Hospital.
Referred to Student Judicial Services.

9/26/08 – Public property on campus – 3:22 a.m. – case closed

A 4-RIDE driver reported that after dropping a female student off at Thurston Hall, she began to vomit outside the vehicle. Officers arrived on the scene and performed sobriety tests on the subject before releasing her.
Referred to SJS.

9/27/08 – Smith Center – 10:04 p.m. – case closed

UPD received a call about a nude male at the Foggy Bottom Grocery. When police arrived, the man was no longer there. Officers then received a call from the Smith Center that a male without a shirt entered the building, matching the description of the male at the grocery store. When police arrived and questioned the student about why he was not wearing a shirt, he said he was having a reaction to a medicine he was taking. When UPD performed sobriety tests on the subject at the scene, he failed and was transported to GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS.

9/26/08 – Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Hall – 12:32 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of underage drinking in JBKO Hall. When they entered the room, alcohol was in plain view and 10 students were identified. Officers administered sobriety tests to the students and one was transported to GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS.

Disorderly Conduct

9/26/08 – JBKO Hall – 12:32 a.m. – case closed

A student, who was transported to the hospital because of the liquor law violation in JBKO Hall, became verbally abusive with officers. When he arrived at the hospital, he became verbally abusive with GW Hospital staff. The subject was arrested after being treated and was transported to the Metropolitan Police Department’s 2nd district station.
Subject arrested.

Simple Assault

9/28/08 – 23rd Street and Washington Circle – 10:10 a.m. – case closed

A female student said she was walking near Washington Circle when a male threw a cup of coffee on her. After a description of the man was released, a UPD officer recognized him on the street and stopped him. He admitted to the assault, saying he was mentally unstable. Officers notified MPD. The complainant confirmed that the male was the subject and did not press charges.
Subject barred from campus.

Sex Act

9/28/08 – Kogan Plaza – 4:40 a.m. – case closed

Two GW students were found in Kogan Plaza engaged in a consensual sexual act. Both were given sobriety tests and released.
Referred to SJS.