Crime Log

Destruction

9/13/08 – Alumni House – 10:36 a.m. – case closed

Dirt and mud was found on the front door of the University President Steven Knapp’s residence at 1925 F St. Officers suspect that someone threw the dirt at the door.
No subjects or witnesses

9/17/08 – International House – 2:07 a.m. – case open

While responding to another incident, an officer observed a male moving the video camera that was mounted on a wall in the residence hall. In the process, a cable was disconnected, stopping the video stream.
Open case

Tampering with auto

9/15/08 – public property on campus – case closed

A woman unaffiliated with the University reported that someone had poured gasoline on her car that was parked at 22nd and F streets overnight.
Public space incident

9/19/08 – University Mall – case closed

A GW Hospital staff member said he secured his bicycle in the morning on the I Street mall and later found someone had cut the bike lock and stolen the bike.
No suspects or witnesses

Liquor Law Violation

9/19/08 – Kogan Plaza – 9:40 p.m. – case closed

A University Police Department officer observed a male student stumbling down the street and collapsing on a bench in Kogan Plaza. When the officer approached him, the student became verbally abusive. The officer handcuffed and transported the student to the GW Hospital.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

9/14/08 – Thurston Hall – 12:45 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers and a Thurston Hall community director knocked on a resident’s door after receiving a call from a person unaffiliated with GW, who had expressed concern about a student’s wellbeing. They entered the room and found one male and one female student asleep, as well as beer and liquor in plain view.
Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

9/20/08 – Potomac House – 3:35 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer knocked on a door in the residence hall in response to a noise complaint and found four people in the room – one female student, two male students and one male unaffiliated with the University. The community director searched the room and found 2.4 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, a marijuana grinder and beer.
Referred to SJS

Burglary

9/20/08 – New Hall – 10:45 a.m. – case open

Residents who left their room with the door unlocked returned to find an unidentified male. The man asked if there was a room for rent in the building. When the residents informed him that he was in a private room, he said he was a repairman and walked out the door. UPD officers responded to the building and blocked all exits, but the intruder had fled prior to their arrival. Nothing was reported missing.
Open case