Crime Log

Assault

9/7/08 – Thurston Hall – 2:30 a.m. – case closed

University Police Department officers responded to Thurston Hall when a security guard reported that a male student had trouble swiping into the residence hall. The subject became combative with officers and was subsequently handcuffed. The Metropolitan Police Department arrived on the scene, and the student began kicking and using profanity. Officers transported the student to the 2nd district station for processing.

Subject arrested

Hit and Run

9/4/08 – Public property on campus – time unknown – case closed

A University employee notified UPD about a driver who had hit a parked vehicle near 21st and H streets. The complainant said the man drove away when he approached the offending vehicle. The staff member left a note on the windshield of the car that was hit.

No further action

Drug Law Violation

9/4/08 – Thurston Hall – 2:40 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a smoke alarm in the residence hall. They entered a room suspected to be the source of the smoke and smelled a strong odor of marijuana. When the occupants returned, they told officers they had been setting sheets of paper on fire. The officers notified the community director who then searched the room. They confiscated a pill bottle and a plastic bag – both of which had traces of marijuana – in addition to a marijuana grinder.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

9/5/08 – Thurston Hall – 12:45 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to an intoxicated female student who had difficulty swiping her GWorld. When they arrived, she ran from the residence hall until officers stopped her at 20th and F streets. She told officers she didn’t want to get her friend in trouble because she was using her friend’s GWorld to get into the building. UPD confiscated the GWorld and released the subject.

Referred to SJS

9/5/08 – Potomac House – 2:04 a.m. – case closed

Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated male in the lobby. The subject was unconscious but breathing. EMeRG responded and transported him to the GW Hospital.

Referred to SJS

Disorderly Conduct

9/5/08 – Public property on campus – 2:27 a.m. – case closed

A student argued with a cab driver over payment in front of Guthridge Hall. The cab driver demanded money to clean the cab because the student had vomited inside it. The student withdrew the funds from an ATM to pay the cab driver.

Referred to SJS

Indecent Exposure

9/7/08 – Public property on campus – 6:10 p.m. – case closed

Officers responded to a 42-year-old male who was exposing himself on H Street. When they arrived, the subject’s pants were down to his knees and he was not wearing a shirt. Officers asked him what he was doing, and the man said he was asking people for a shirt.

Subject barred from campus