PB selects Virginia Coalition, The Canon Logic for Fall Fest

Breaking News

Saturday, August 30, updated 8:02 p.m.

Rock bands Virginia Coalition and The Canon Logic will perform at Fall Fest next Saturday, Program Board Chair Tiffany Meehan announced this afternoon.

The news comes only days after rock band Rooney backed out of the concert and the University canceled mash-up artist Girl Talk. Meehan said Virginia Coalition had originally replaced Rooney as a co-headliner, and The Canon Logic was slated to be an opener until Girl Talk fell through.

“We’ve tried to get (Virginia Coalition) before in the past, but it hasn’t worked out,” Meehan said. “We’re very proud to have them on campus.”

The Alexandria, Va.-based band, also known as VACO, played last night at the College of William and Mary.

The Canon Logic is based in New York City, and played at the Vans Warped Tour in 2007.

Their Web site states that, “Their unique brand of gritty rock, grounded in pop sensibility, has earned them a loyal regional following and a nod or two from local critics.”

The University had originally confirmed Girl Talk as the artist on Aug. 7, but backed out of contract negations amid concerns for security and safety. (Original story)

Meehan emphasized that live music is one of many attractions at the annual event.

“Fall Fest is bigger than the band,” she said. “There are a lot of other things that go into it.”

Eric Roper contributed to this report.