Crime Log

Burglary

8/21/08 – Ivory Tower – time unknown – case closed

A female resident of the building reported to the University Police Department that her portable DVD player was missing from her room after returning from vacation.

-No suspects or witnesses

Disorderly Conduct

8/16/08 – 21st Street and Pennsylvania Avenue – 3:15 a.m. – case closed

A male unaffiliated with GW flagged down UPD officers out of concern for the female passenger in his car. He told officers that he picked up the female passenger – who was intoxicated and had been staggering down the sidewalk – off campus. As he drove her home, she vomited in his car. Officers assessed the individual’s condition and contacted D.C. Fire/EMS to transport her to GW Hospital for medical attention. The female individual was of legal drinking age and not affiliated with the University.

-No further action

Lewd Acts

8/8/08 – Gelman Library – 5:45 p.m. – case closed

Gelman Library staff reported to UPD that they had observed a male GW student in the library looking at pornography on his computer with his hand down his pants. Officers stopped the student’s behavior.

-Referred to Student Judicial Services

Public Drunkenness

8/16/08 – 21st and E streets – 12:04 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed a female individual stumbling down the sidewalk, who then fell to the ground. Officers assessed her condition and transported her to GW Hospital for further medical treatment. The individual was of legal drinking age and a resident of New Hall.

-Referred to SJS

Sex Abuse

8/17/08 – 21st and K streets – 6:43 p.m. – case closed

A female not affiliated with GW reported to UPD that while walking, an unknown male individual riding on his bike behind her fondled her breast as he rode past. Officers searched but could not find the subject.

-Off-campus incident

Theft

8/21/08 – Mitchell Hall – 9 a.m. – case closed

A Residential Property Management staff member reported to UPD that her wallet was stolen after performing a room inspection. She told officers that she returned to an unoccupied room that she had inspected after realizing she had left her wallet there, but could not find it.

-No further action

Unlawful Entry

8/10/08 – Burns Law Library – 3:20pm – case closed

UPD officers observed a male individual acting paranoid and saying that there was a conspiracy against him. He said he wanted to speak to someone at the Law School about a lawsuit against the state of Hawaii. Officers escorted the individual from the building.

-Subject barred from campus

Liquor Law Violation

8/9/08 – Townhouse Row – 4:40 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers responding to a noise complaint entered the building and observed alcohol in plain sight. One student present was underage. All the alcohol was disposed of on the scene.

-Referred to SJS