How time flies: A look at eight impactful seniors

Katelyn Honeyford: Lacrosse

The stats: 36 goals, 6 assists

The experience: “It’s been a good experience. We were part of a young team that we’ve seen grow. This year wasn’t the best outcome, but we got through some challenging times, and I think we’ve been part of a team that’s been growing for the past four years, and that’s always exciting.”

Best memory: Beating Richmond in the last home game for the first time since 2005.

Next year: Coaching lacrosse in England.

Nicole Trickett: Women’s Soccer

The stats: 3 goals, 1 assist

The experience: “It was hard work and it was exciting. I enjoyed my teammates, I enjoyed the challenges it presented me with, and I enjoyed working toward something other than just schoolwork and accomplishing things beyond the classroom.”

Best memory: Scoring a goal on senior day in front of her brother.

Next year: Teaching special education in California for next two years.

Greg McKay: Men’s Soccer

The stats: 9 goals, 6 assists

The experience: “It’s been fun. Great teammates – I think that’s probably the best thing about it. (I’ve learned) how to work with different people. We have players from England, Nigeria, players from all over, so we had to get players on the same page.”

Best memory: Winning the A-10 Championship and beating Duquesne in penalty kicks in 2004.

Next year: Going to China to teach English for six months.

Chrysanthi Halkiotis: Softball

The stats: .298 batting average, 71 RBIs

The experience: “It was a journey. I had some really good experiences. Of course there were some difficult ones along the way, especially with changing coaching staffs, but I’m overall happy with it.”

Best memory: Finding out her team made it to the Atlantic 10 Tournament last year.

Next year: Plans to go into research marketing.

Sarah Jo-Lawrence: Women’s Basketball

The stats: 10.6 points per game, 3.7 rebounds per game

The experience: “There was a lot less time for me to do fun things. A lot more of my time and my interest was into basketball than socializing at school and maybe the academic side. It was a different experience than most students, and I had a lot of fun. It was so worth it.”

Best memory: Hitting 29 points and the game-tying shot at home against Texas A&M.

Next year: Will serve as a Presidential Administrative fellow at GW.

Charlie Kruer: Baseball

The stats: .310 batting average, 176 RBIs

The experience: “It’s been pretty cool. I’ve spent four years with good guys and made a lot of friends that I’ll have for the rest of my life, so it was a great experience for me.”

Best memory: Hitting a homerun to win a conference tournament game sophomore year.

Next year: Entering the baseball amateur draft.

Janine Brown: Volleyball

The stats: 3.06 kills per game, 89 assists

The experience: “Volleyball was a great opportunity to go to a school like GW and play sports and have an education. Beyond that, it forced me to learn to schedule things. With the time constraints of having volleyball and being an athlete, you don’t have a lot of time to do whatever you want.”

Best memory: Making the A-10 Tournament this season.

Next year: Hopes to work as assistant for GW volleyball team and work in advertising.

Maureece Rice: Basketball

The stats: 10.6 points per game, 2.1 assists per game

What Happened: Rice earned the Atlantic 10 Sixth Man of the Year Award in his sophomore season and led the Colonials in scoring his junior year with 16.2 points per game. After being named the A-10 Championship Most Outstanding Player in 2007, Rice was expected to be the driving force behind the Colonials this year. After an injury to Travis King forced Rice to share some of the point guard duties, his offensive production went downhill and Rice was suspended twice during non-conference play. The athletic department announced his dismissal from the team for breaking team rules, March 6.