Fire Erupts in Schenley

At about 9:30 p.m., a fire broke out on the second floor of Schenley Hall.Allen Etter, a D.C . fire department spokesperson said the fire was caused by an air conditioner that caught fire and there were no injuries.Witnesses said they saw flames coming from the center window of the second floor and UPD arrived on the scene about five minutes later.Students were immediately evacuated from the building. Residents of the neighboring Crawford residence hall were prevented from entering or leaving after the fire department arrived.

The Hatchet has disabled comments on our website. Learn more.