Crime Log

Assault

4/13/08 – Lafayette Hall – 1:50 a.m. – case closed

A female complainant reported to the University Police Department that her boyfriend slapped her and shoved her against a wall after having a heated argument. When officers interviewed the subject in his residence hall, he claimed there was only a verbal argument. The community director of the building was notified, and the two individuals were told not to communicate in the future.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Attempted burglary

4/12/08 – Fulbright Hall – 6:10 p.m. – case closed

Two complainants reported to UPD that their keys would not open their residence hall door, and that they suspected someone had tampered with their lock. Officers responded to the scene and were able to remove a small piece of metal from the keyhole that had prevented usage of the keys.
No suspects or witnesses

Disorderly conduct

4/12/08 – City Hall – time unknown – case closed

A male GW student reported to UPD that when he entered his room he found that his bed was missing all sheets and many of his clothes were missing. He said when he looked down from his balcony he saw that someone had thrown his clothes and sheets in the courtyard and pool area.
Referred to SJS

4/13/08 – University parking garage – 2:36 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed an intoxicated male individual leaning against a parking meter and vomiting. The subject was of legal age and unaffiliated with the University. He was transported to GW Hospital for further medical attention.
No further action

Drug law violation

4/11/08 – Jefferson Memorial – 2:53 a.m. – case closed

U.S. Park Police officers notified UPD that they had stopped four GW students in their vehicle near the Jefferson Memorial for making an illegal U-turn. The officer had smelled a suspicious odor coming from the car, and the students admitted to possessing marijuana. A small amount of marijuana was confiscated along with paraphernalia. UPD officers responded to the scene to escort the students back to their residence halls.
Referred to SJS

4/13/08 – Madison Hall – 7:32 p.m. – case closed

UPD received a report of a suspicious odor coming from a room. When officers arrived, they made contact with the subject in the room and smelled marijuana. The community director on duty was contacted to perform an administrative search of the room, and about 1.4 grams of marijuana was confiscated along with a pipe.
Referred to SJS

Lewd acts

4/11/08 – University parking garage – 7:45 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed a man and a woman engaging in sexual acts in a vehicle parked in an upper level of the garage. Officers stopped the two subjects and verified their identities. They were not affiliated with the University.
Subjects barred from campus

Liquor law violation

4/11/08 – Hensley Hall (MVC) – 9:53 a.m. – case closed

UPD was called to respond to a report of a damaged window in a room. When officers arrived, three bottles of alcohol were in plain view and the occupants of the room were underage. The alcohol was disposed of at the scene.
Referred to SJS

Stalking

4/8/08 – Public property on campus – 7:00 p.m. – case closed

A GW employee said that an ex-boyfriend keeps showing up on campus when she is at work and will not leave her alone. She is applying for a restraining order against him through the District and in her home jurisdiction.
Referred to Metropolitan Police Department

Theft II

4/13/08 – Madison Hall – 1:17 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer observed two students entering Madison carrying two street signs. The subjects said they saw the signs lying on the ground, so they decided to take them back to their room. The officer made the students return the signs to their original location.
Referred to SJS