Crime Log

Correction appended

Disorderly conduct

4/2/08 – Hall on Virginia Avenue – Noon – case closed

During a health and safety inspection of the building, staff found a halogen lamp in a resident’s room – a violation of the housing agreement. The female student did not want the lamp confiscated from the room, so she attempted to take it from the inspectors. They called the University Police Department, and when officers arrived the subject agreed to turn over her lamp.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

4/4/08 – Funger and Duqu?s halls – 8 p.m. – case closed

A UPD supervisor observed two male GW students fighting on the ground outside Funger and Duqués. The supervisor told them to separate, and one subject attempted to flee the scene. This subject was stopped while the other individual explained that the fight was started because he told the subject that he drank too much alcohol. The subject was intoxicated and continued to be resistant, screaming at the officers. The Metropolitan Police Department was contacted to assist, and the subject was transported to a detoxification center.
Subject arrested

Liquor law violation

4/5/08 – Townhouse Row – 12:54 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol found three underage GW students playing beer pong in a hallway of the Greek-letter house. Two of the students passed sobriety tests. UPD discovered another one who did not pass a sobriety test and was subsequently transported by D.C. Fire Department/EMS to Howard University Hospital for further medical treatment.
Referred to SJS

Sex abuse

4/4/08 – Off Campus – time unknown – case closed

A female GW student reported to UPD that she was sexually assaulted in an acquaintance’s off-campus apartment.
Off campus incident

4/7/08 – Off Campus – time unknown – case closed

A female complainant told UPD that she was riding on the Metro from L’Enfant Plaza when a male individual sat down beside her and touched her knee. The subject then proceeded to move his hand up her thigh, saying that he wanted to take her home. The complainant, a GW student, said she yelled at him and changed her seat. She exited the Metro at the Foggy Bottom-GWU stop, and the subject continued to follow her until she entered the Academic Center. The subject then left the area.
Off campus incident

Simple assault

4/5/08 – Gelman Library – 4:56 p.m. – case closed

An MPD officer responding to an assault at Gelman Library flagged down UPD officers. The female complainant pointed out to officers the subject had grabbed her buttocks and said something lewd to her. The UPD and MPD officers stopped the subject, and the complainant confirmed that it was the man who had assaulted her.
Subject arrested

4/6/08 – Gelman Library – 10:30 p.m. – case closed

A female GW student contacted UPD because an unknown male individual who appeared to be intoxicated had followed her into Starbucks, and put his hand on her shoulder while trying to make conversation. When officers arrived, the subject had already left the scene.
No identifiable suspects

This article has been changed to reflect the following correction: (April 15, 2008)

The Hatchet reported that EMeRG gave sobriety tests to several students. The University Police Department performed the tests.