$5 – $10 – $20: An entertainment guide for the cash-strapped college student

If you have $5

The GW Jazz department is hosting its Spring Jazz Festival on Sunday in the Jack Morton Auditorium in the MPA building on H and 21st streets N.W. The show will feature a special tribute to jazz legend Dave Brubeck. Also, special guest tenor saxophonist Walt Weiskopf will perform with several of the GW Jazz groups, which include Über Combo (small jazz combo), Combo Nation (blues and R&B), Los Gringos (Latin jazz) and the GWU jazz faculty ensemble. The event is free and open to the public.

If you have $10

Koneechiwah! Head over to Pennsylvania Avenue between 10th and 14th streets N.W. on Saturday, April 12th between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. for the Sakura Matsuri Street festival, featuring the best in Japanese culture, food and performances. It’s free, but save your money for the Kirin beer garden or some tasty Japanese cuisine. The festival will also feature Japanese crafts and martial arts demonstrations, including sumo, judo and karate, as well as music and dance on multiple stages.

If you have $20

Lisner Auditorium hosts This American Life’s Ira Glass on Saturday, at 8 p.m. This is the art of storytelling at its finest, including radio and other stories performed both live and pre-recorded, along with music and other live elements. “This American Life” has won many awards for its excellence in broadcasting and journalism, including the Peabody and Edward R. Murrow award. There are $15 discounted tickets available to GW Students.