Crime Log

Assault

3/10/08 – Ivory Tower – 4 a.m. – case closed

Two male students had a verbal altercation at a nightclub, and later began fighting when they met again in the lobby of Ivory Tower. One punched the other in the head, prompting witnesses to contact the University Police Department. By the time UPD and the Metropolitan Police Department arrived, the subject had left the scene. The alleged victim filed a report with MPD.
Referred to MPD and Student Judicial Services

Burglary II

3/23/08 – HOVA – time unknown – case closed

A female student reported to UPD that she discovered $100 missing from her room when she came back from spring break.
No suspects or witnesses

Drug law violation

3/23/08 – Thurston Hall – 8:10 p.m. – case closed

A complainant reported to UPD that they smelled a suspicious odor coming from a room. Officers made contact with the individuals in the room, and all three admitted to smoking marijuana in the bathroom. The community director on duty was contacted to perform an administrative search. One glass bong was confiscated which tested positive for marijuana.
Referred to SJS

Hit and run

3/14/08 – University Parking Garage – 5:20 p.m. – case open

A female complainant reported to UPD that a male individual backed his vehicle into her bumper while in the parking garage. The subject got out of his car, and seeing no apparent damage, got back in his vehicle and drove away. The complainant took down the subject’s license plate number, and MPD is investigating.
Open case

Illegal dumping

3/11/08 – State Department – 11 a.m. – case closed

The State Department reported to UPD that a lot of trash has been illegally dumped from townhouses on F Street into the building’s rear parking lot. UPD is looking further into the matter.
Referred to SJS

Public drunkenness

3/20/08 – HOVA – 10:03 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers found an intoxicated female unconscious in a hallway. She had vomited and urinated on herself. Officers assessed her condition and transported her to GW Hospital for further medical treatment. The individual was of legal drinking age but unaffiliated with GW.
Subject barred from campus

Theft I

3/21/08 – Media and Public Affairs Building – 5:20 p.m. – case open

A complainant reported to UPD that he had left his laptop in his office unsecured for an hour, and when he returned the laptop was missing.
Open Case

Threats

3/12/08 – Medical Faculty Associates – 9:15 a.m. – case closed

A witness reported to UPD that a staff member and a patient had engaged in a verbal dispute. The witness said she overheard the patient say that she would return to the building with a gun. UPD and MPD responded to the scene and swept the building, but the patient did not return.
Referred to department

Unlawful entry

3/10/08 – HOVA – 2:45 p.m. – case closed

UPD received a report of a suspicious person near the building. Officers found a homeless man matching the subject’s description hiding in a loading dock. The individual had been barred from campus previously.
Subject arrested