Crime Log

Assault on a Public Official

3/7/08 – Public Property on Campus – 11:11 p.m. – case closed

A 4-RIDE driver contacted the University Police Department because he observed a woman having trouble walking. Officers made contact with the individual, who was unaffiliated with the University, and called an ambulance to take her to the hospital. After they placed her in the ambulance, a female paramedic reported that the suspect punched her in the chest and face, and then spit on her. The subject was taken to GW Hospital for treatment and then arrested by the Metropolitan Police Department for assault.
Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct

3/9/08 – Square 80 construction site – 4:30 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer on patrol heard loud yelling and glass breaking at the construction site for the new F Street residence hall. The officer observed three individuals racing each other down the street, and two other individuals watching the race. The officer told the spectators to stop yelling and then approached two of the individuals who had been running. They claimed that they were not GW students and became argumentative. Soon after, they admitted they were students and became apologetic about the situation.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Theft II

3/8/08 – Quigley’s Building – 1:30 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer was on street patrol when a complainant approached him. The complainant, who works at Tonic, identified two male individuals he said stole two bottles of champagne from the restaurant. The officer approached them. The two subjects, who were unaffiliated with the University, admitted they took the bottles and said it was inappropriate. The complainant did not press charges, but told the individuals to pay for the champagne, which cost $30 a bottle. They paid for the alcohol and were barred from campus.
Subjects barred from campus

Unlawful Entry

3/8/08 – Mitchell Hall 7-Eleven – 10:20 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a call from the management of the 7-Eleven at Mitchell Hall about a homeless man was eating out of a store trashcan. When officers arrived, the subject had left the scene. They later found the individual outside of 1959 E Street and barred him from campus with the assistance of MPD.
Subject barred from campus