March: This month in live music

It’s already March, GW reader baby. As in, spring break is coming: which means GW ladies are getting busy hitting up the tanning beds and GW lads are, um, getting busy checking out their GW ladies’ crucial orange tan lines. So, the rule for keeping the entire month as really, honestly, seriously hot as your spring break? Check March’s live music while you’re checking totally sweet tan lines.

Since Saturday’s Hives show (.with The Donnas) is already sold out (damn, girl!), dig deep into ye old pocket for ten worthy bucks to see your GW brethren Jukebox The Ghost, performing with Tereu Tereu, Modern Skirts and Bear Hands at Rock at Roll Hotel that same night. A foreseen benefit? That’s ten dollar insurance that the ever-sassy girl rock Donna-heads won’t be there, and you know, all up in your grill.

Hey kids, there IS Justice. So, yea, the show Wednesday, March 12 at 9:30 Club is sold out, but for $30 and a ride into B-more you can catch the French electric duo-with-the-most-est this Sunday, March 9 at Sonar.

Yet another reason to hit-up da’ Net: the Jonas Brothers of (gasp) Disney acclaim are slotted to take the Patriot Center stage Friday, March 14. Click your way through eBay since tickets are (obviously) sold out.

Looking to feel some District pride? Grab $15 from your endless wallet and hit 9:30 Club March 16 for MN8 Presents The Wildcard, featuring local hip hop mogul Wale, who earned his cred by mixing hip hop and go-go music. And get this: his next mixtape, aptly titled the “Mixtape About Nothing,” reps sitcom-about-nothing “Seinfeld” – and is rumored to include a little somethin’-somethin’ from Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Sayin.’

Catch oh-so-indie, ever-experimental The Most Serene Republic, with Miracle Mortress and Liam Finn Wednesday, March 19 at DC9. And, sorry, shortstack – this one’s 21-plus.

Ride the local wave: drop $10 and catch experimental/progressive D.C. rockers Le Loup, Friday, March 21 at the Black Cat, with The Ruby Suns and Bellman Barker. Finish the weekend right that Saturday, same place (and a worthy five bucks more) with acoustic indie favorites The Mountain Goats.

Got $20? Pay testament to your pronounced, deep-vested and well-articulated love of hip hop by joining Del the Funky Homosapien Sunday, March 23 at 9:30 Club, part of a tour in support of his most recent album, “11th Hour.” Optional, but worthwhile: bring an extra five bucks to buy your favorite contributing arts editor, um, a Shirley Temple, and we’ll totally trade digits over pronounced, deep-vested and well-articulated conversation about Del and, you know, kids today and/or culture at large. Seriously. Reader-writer love knows no bounds.

Feelin’ reverb? Catch Oakland-based Xiu Xiu Thursday, March 27 at the Black Cat, with Thao Nguyen and The Get Down Stay Down, and Chris Garneau.

See, baby? Good things are coming our way this month. So, what are you waiting for? Get out on the town, start scoping those pre-spring break tan lines – and you know, thanks in advance for that Shirley Temple.