Crime Log

Assault on an Officer

2/24/08 – Building JJ – 2:39 a.m. – case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a disturbance coming from a room in the residence hall. The eight occupants admitted they had been drinking, and said they were just wrestling and ‘playing around.’ All but one of them was underage. Officers assessed their condition and determined that one male individual required further medical attention. As officers escorted the subject to a car, he kicked one of them, head-butted the vehicle and attempted to head-butt another officer. The subject’s legs had to be restrained, and he proceeded to rub his face against the asphalt on the road, yelling that the officers were hurting him. He was placed under arrest for assaulting an officer. After receiving treatment at GW Hospital for the self-inflicted scratches on his face, he was taken to the Metropolitan Police Department’s Second District police station for processing.

Subject arrested.

Disorderly Conduct

2/22/08 – Medical Faculty Associates Building – 4:32 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a call reporting a female patient being loud and disruptive in the building. Officers escorted the woman, who is unaffiliated with GW, out of the building. The case was referred to the MFA administration to assess whether the individual should remain a patient.

Referred to Department

Drug Law Violation

2/22/08 – Thurston Hall – 6:55 p.m. – case closed.

GW Housing staff performed an administrative search of a room and requested UPD to be present. The search yielded 47 grams of marijuana, and two GW students were arrested for distribution. Another room in the residence hall was searched in conjunction with the previous case. The administrative search yielded a trace amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia.

Subjects arrested

Liquor Law Violation

2/22/08 – Ivory Tower – 11:12 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a noise complaint and 12 individuals were found in a room drinking, half of whom were underage. All occupants of the room were assessed and none needed further medical attention. Two individuals in the room were unaffiliated with GW and were barred from campus.

Subjects barred from campus

2/24/08 – Potomac House – 3:02 a.m. – case closed

UPD received a call concerning an intoxicated male individual. Officers assessed the subject’s condition and determined he needed further medical attention. EMeRG transported the student to GW Hospital for treatment.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Robbery/Pick Pocket

2/22/08 – Marvin Center – 8:00 p.m. – case open

A female student said she was studying at Marvin Center when she noticed her wallet was missing from her backpack. It was on the floor next to her, and she believes someone took the wallet from the bag.

Open case

Unlawful Entry

2/21/08 – Building AA – 5:00 a.m. – case closed

UPD received a call reporting a suspicious male individual taking a shower in the fourth floor men’s bathroom. When officers arrived, they identified the man as being unaffiliated with GW. The subject had also been previously barred from campus and arrested for burglary by UPD. He was arrested and transported to the MPD station for processing.

Subject arrested

2/21/08 – Gelman Library – 8:20 a.m. – case closed

UPD received a report of a male individual who appeared to be mentally unstable and was talking to himself. Officers identified the man, who was unaffiliated with GW and had previously been barred from campus. The subject was arrested for coming back on campus.

Subject arrested