Crime Log

Assault

2/9/08 – Thurston Hall – 2:40 a.m. – case closed

The University Police Department responded to an incident involving two male roommates. An argument between the students led to a physical dispute. During the altercation, one individual bit the other on the arm. By the time UPD arrived, the individual who had bit the other had fled the scene. Once he was found in the building, he was arrested for simple assault and transported by the Metropolitan Police Department to the Second District station. The injured student refused medical treatment.

Subject arrested

2/9/08 – Public Property on Campus – 10:37 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a blue light emergency phone activation. A witness told officers that two male individuals were fighting, leaving one with injuries to his head. The injured individual said he wanted to press charges against his alleged assailant, so the subject was arrested for simple assault and transported by MPD to the Second District station.

Subject arrested

Destruction

2/8/08 – Crawford Hall – 2:34 a.m. – case closed

UPD and EMeRG responded to a report of a male individual who was bleeding in the residence hall. The subject was intoxicated and admitted he had punched through a glass stairwell door. EMeRG transported the individual to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Disorderly Conduct

2/8/08 – University Mall – 8:10 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed an extremely intoxicated male individual. The subject, who was not affiliated with GW, began verbally threatening the officers. Officers called MPD to take him to a D.C. detoxification center.

Subject barred from campus

2/9/08 – 2200 Block of I Street – 3:54 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a report that a male individual was unconscious on a park bench. The individual was unaffiliated with GW and was transported by D.C. Fire/EMS to a detoxification center.

Referred to outside agency

Drug Law Violation

2/5/08 – 605 22nd Street N.W. – 10:30 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor coming from a room at the University-owned Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity townhouse. The Community Director on duty was called to perform an administrative search, and approximately 3.4 grams of marijuana were confiscated.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

2/8/08 – Schenley Hall – 11:51 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol responded to loud noise coming from a room in the residence hall. Officers entered the room and found 13 underage GW students drinking alcohol. All were assessed for their condition, but none required further medical attention.

Referred to SJS

2/10/08 – Public Property on Campus – 1:43 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed an intoxicated female being carried by her friends. The officers stopped them and found the subject to be incoherent. EMeRG arrived to assess her condition and then D.C. Fire/EMS transported the individual to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

Referred to SJS