Crime Log

Assault

2/2/08 – Guthridge Hall – 8:45 p.m. – case open

The Metropolitan Police Department responded to a complaint from a student in the residence hall. She said a female individual had come to her room and aggressively banged on the door. When the owner of the room opened the door, the suspect pushed her way into the room and a confrontation ensued. The suspect then picked up a knife in the room and threatened the student with it. She then left the room and the building, and began knocking the taillights out of the complainant’s car with a baseball bat. The subject, who is unaffiliated with the University, fled the scene before officers arrived. The complainant said she is not pressing charges.

Referred to MPD

2/3/08 – Private Property on Campus – 2:20 a.m. – case closed

Two people called MPD to report that several individuals were throwing food items out of a window in the Elise Apartments. One of the complainants said vinegar was thrown onto his jacket. Two male students suspected of throwing the items then exited the building while MPD was on the scene. Officers detained them, and told them to pick up the items that had been thrown into the street.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Disorderly Conduct

2/3/08 – Mitchell Hall 7-11 – 11:21 p.m. – case closed

Both UPD and MPD responded to a report of a 7-11 patron arguing with cashiers. The male individual claimed he did not receive the correct amount of change from his purchase. Officers determined that there was a miscommunication, and the issue was resolved.

No further action

Drug Law Violation

2/4/08 – Ivory Tower – 1:30 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a complaint from a resident of the hall who said a suspicious odor from another room was infiltrating his bathroom. Officers knocked on the other room, and smelled suspicious fumes when the residents greeted them. The community director on duty performed an administrative search. Liquor was confiscated, as well as plastic bags and a pipe which all tested positive for marijuana.

Referred to SJS

Harassment

2/2/08 – Thurston Hall – 2:40 a.m. – case closed

Two students reported to UPD that they were standing outside the residence hall when two male individuals began calling them offensive names. The two individuals then asked the students to sign them into the building. When UPD arrived, the individuals had left the area.

No identifiable suspects

Liquor Law Violation

2/02/08 – Public Property on Campus – 3:25 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol observed a male student urinating outside Lafayette Hall. Officers stopped the individual, who claimed he was trying to get into the building. He said he had been drinking, and officers released him after performing a variety of sobriety tests.

Referred to SJS

2/3/08 – Woodhull House – 3:20 a.m. – case closed

An intoxicated female arrived at UPD headquarters to file a theft report. Officers recognized she had been drinking, and assessed her condition. EMeRG transported her to GW Hospital.

Referred to SJS

2/3/08 – Marvin Center – 7:40 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a male individual sleeping next to WoW Wingery. The subject was intoxicated and D.C. Fire and EMS was called to transport him to GW Hospital for medical treatment. Further inspection revealed that he was a GW employee.

Referred to Department

Unlawful Entry

2/3/08 – 1959 E Street – 3:00 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a male individual sleeping in the lounge area of the residence hall. He told officers that he entered the building behind other people. The man was not affiliated with GW, and escorted off campus.

Subject barred from campus