Crime Log

Assault

1/26/08 – Thurston Hall – 1 a.m. – case open

A male student told University Police Department officers that he had been approached by an unknown male individual, who asked him if he was pressing criminal charges against his brother in a court case. The student replied that he was pressing charges, and the subject then punched him in the chest. The two individuals began to fight, and other people in the area attempted to break it up. The subject then fled the scene, and the Metropolitan Police Department was called. Neither UPD nor MPD were able to find him.

Open case

Burglary II

1/25/08 – MFA Building – 8:10 p.m. – case closed

A UPD officer working at the front desk of the building observed an individual enter the loading dock after hours on the security camera. Several UPD officers began looking for the man, and one at the desk saw him running away with a black bag. They stopped the individual, who was carrying two stolen laptops. The subject was placed under arrest for burglary.

Subject arrested

1/28/08 – West End Hall – 12:40 a.m. – case open

UPD responded to a stairwell door alarm activation in the building. Officers observed a storage closet had been forcibly entered. An individual who owned the tools in the closet said some tools were stolen. Facilities management was called to repair the closet door.

Open case

Liquor Law Violation

1/25/08 – Marvin Center – 12:20 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol found three intoxicated individuals drinking bottle of vodka. The two males and one female were all underage, and after assessing their condition, it was determined that none needed medical attention. One of the male individuals was unaffiliated with GW and was barred from campus.

Subject barred from campus

1/25/08 – Connecticut Ave.- 4:20 a.m. – case closed

A Secret Service officer notified UPD that he had a GW student in custody. The underage male individual was conscious but incoherent when UPD arrived. He was transported to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

1/27/08 – Potomac House – 3:20 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of an underage male who was having trouble walking and talking. His condition was assessed, and EMeRG was contacted to transport him to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

Referred to SJS