Crime Log

Attempted Theft II

1/12/08 – 1957 E Street – 12:30 a.m. – case closed

An employee was riding in the elevator late at night when the doors opened and he saw a younger male holding a floor lamp. The suspect dropped the lamp and entered the elevator, riding it to a lower level than the employee. When the employee exited the elevator, he contacted the University Police Department. Officers swept the building, but could not find the suspect.

No identifiable suspects

Disorderly Conduct

1/06/08 – Academic Center – 4:30 p.m. – case closed

A GW Bookstore employee drove into the Academic Center parking garage, but his car stalled as he entered the gate. He then yelled at the attendent on duty and UPD was contacted. Officers took the man back to his car.

Referred to Outside Department

Drug Law Violation

1/13/08 – Fulbright Hall – 11:20 p.m. – case closed

UPD received an anonymous call about a suspicious odor coming from a room in the residence hall. Officers knocked on the door, and when no one answered they entered the room. A towel was found placed under the door, and the community director on duty was contacted to perform an administrative search of the room. A smoking pipe was confiscated along with a trace amount of marijuana.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Indecent Exposure

1/13/08 – Medical Faculty Associates – 11:15 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report from a man who said he saw a nude male individual outside of the building. The individual was gone by the time officers arrived.

Public space incident

Liquor Law Violation

1/13/08 – Outside Ivory Tower – 12:27 a.m. – case closed

A Metro bus driver told UPD that a student vomited on his bus, which was stopped outside of Ivory Tower. The underage female was transported to GW Hospital for further medical treatment.

Referred to SJS

1/13/08 – Ivory Tower – 1:27 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a loud noise complaint on the sixth floor of the building. When officers entered the room, alcohol was in plain view. Of the eight underage people in the room, two females were unaffiliated with GW and were subsequently barred from campus.

Subject barred from campus

Simple Assault

1/10/08 – 20th Street – 4:15 p.m. – case closed

A man who was not affiliated with GW reported to UPD that he was walking northbound on 20th Street when an unidentified male approached him and punched him in the chest. The complainant was not injured, and the Metropolitan Police Department had already apprehended the individual when he reported the incident to UPD.

Referred to outside agency