Crime Log

Assault

11/03/07 – The Dakota – time unknown – case open

University Police Department officers found a male student in a female student’s room bleeding from the nose and mouth area. He said an unknown male came into the room and assaulted him. Neither he nor the female student could identify or give a description of the individual.

Open case

Destruction

11/04/07 – Sigma Nu house – time unknown – case closed

A complainant said that someone had thrown something at a second-floor window, breaking the outer pane of a two-pane glass window.

No suspects or witnesses

Disorderly Conduct

11/03/07 – West End – 2:40 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a report of a disturbance in the building. Officers saw a damaged screen door and made contact with the individuals in the room. Alcohol was found in the room, and all three male individuals were underage. One individual lied about being a GW student, and one other grabbed an officer and was charged with disorderly conduct.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

11/04/07 – 600 block of 22nd Street – 12:45 a.m. – case closed

A UPD officer observed an underage male student urinating in public. The officer stopped the individual, who had been drinking, and assessed his condition. The student was sent to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

11/01/07 – Woodhull House – 7:30 p.m. – case closed

A purse found in the Marvin Center was brought to UPD headquarters. Officers inspecting the bag found .01 grams of marijuana along with drug paraphernalia. The female owner of the purse was identified and referred to SJS.

Referred to SJS

11/04/07 – Crawford Hall – 3:00 a.m. – case closed

A community director in the building performed an administrative search of a room. UPD was present, and 15.7 grams of marijuana was confiscated.

Referred to SJS

Harassment

11/03/07 – Merriweather Hall – 4:10 a.m. – case closed

A female student reported to UPD that she found a used condom outside of her door. The complainant also told officers that an unknown individual was writing her messages saying “I hate you.” She believes the harassment has to do with a previous roommate conflict. Officers encouraged her to report any further harassment.

Referred to SJS