Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

10/28/07 – University Mall – 12:53 a.m. – case closed

University Police Department officers observed a female individual urinating next to a GW building. When they approached her, the woman explained that she could not wait to use the bathroom. The individual was unaffiliated with GW and she was subsequently barred from campus.

Subject barred from campus

10/28/07 – Ross Hall – 2:36 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a call about a male individual who entered Ross Hall unsure of where he was. EMeRG was contacted and the unaffiliated individual was taken to GW Hospital for further treatment.

No further action

Drug Law Violation

10/27/07 – International House – 12:50 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a complaint about a group of individuals alone in someone else’s room. The three males – who were unaffiliated with the University – said they entered the room because it was unlocked. They were arrested for burglary and unlawful entry. Later that evening, the owner of the room and another male went to UPD to ask why their friends were arrested. The male student was intoxicated and transported to GW Hospital – the other male was barred from campus. A subsequent administrative search of the room by a community director revealed 1.5 grams of marijuana.

Subjects barred from campus

Harassment

10/27/07 – 600 Block of 23rd Street – 2:43 p.m. – case closed

UPD took a report from a male student who said he was on 23rd Street when another student he knows began making derogatory comments about him and a student organization he is affiliated with. This same student has also been sending him harassing e-mails.

Referred to SJS

10/27/07 – Thurston Hall – 3:44 p.m. – case closed

A female student reported that she had been receiving harassing phone calls on her cell phone from an unknown male. The individual has called on numerous occasions talking about sexually explicit things.

No suspects or witnesses

Hit & Run

10/27/07 – 23rd and H streets – 6:45 p.m. – case closed

A male complainant reported he was hit by an SUV the previous day while crossing a crosswalk. The side-view mirror of the car struck the student in the face and left shoulder. Friends took him to GW Hospital to treat his minor injuries.

Public space incident