Crime Log

Assault

10/20/07 – Southwest D.C. – 4:41 a.m. – case closed

Two female GW students reported they were at a club in Southwest D.C. when a male groped one of them and lifted up her dress. A physical altercation ensued, and the D.C. Fire Department arrived on the scene. The students had been drinking and were transported to GW Hospital for medical attention.

Referred to outside agency

Disorderly Conduct

10/19/07 – Academic Center – 2:30 p.m. – case closed

University Police Department officers responded to an anonymous report of a suspicious individual who was harassing people at a hot dog stand outside the Academic Center. Officers made contact with the man, who was unaffiliated with GW. The Metropolitan Police Department arrived, determined that the individual was intoxicated and transported him to a detoxification center.

Referred to MPD

10/21/07 – Marvin Center – 4:48 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a call about a recently terminated employee who refused to leave the building. Officers barred the man from campus.

Subject barred from campus

Drug Law Violation

10/19/07 – Francis Scott Key Hall – 2:56 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers on patrol smelled a suspicious odor in a room and identified three male individuals who were smoking marijuana. The Community Director on duty was called to perform an administrative search, and 1.2 grams of marijuana were confiscated as well as unidentified pills.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Lewd Obscene Acts

10/15/07 – Marvin Center – 8:35 p.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to an anonymous tip about a male individual who appeared to be masturbating. Officers approached the student, who claimed he was merely talking on his cell phone. He was cautioned about having his hands down his pants in public and was told to leave the area.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

10/21/07 – Schenley Hall – 12:25 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to a noise complaint and found 20 individuals in a room with alcohol present. Twelve of the individuals were students, and two of those were of age. The eight other men in the room were not affiliated with GW. All individuals were assessed, and none required medical attention. Alcohol was disposed of on the scene.

Subjects barred from campus