GW Brief: Alumni Relations relocates office, leaves Alumni House

The Office of Alumni Relations relocated to the space once occupied by RH Bistro, allowing renovations to Alumni House to move forward

Matt Lindsay, a spokesperson for Alumni Relations, said the move was planned to avoid interfering with Colonials Weekend.

“Everything’s worked out really well thus far,” he said. “We’re pretty pleased with everything so far.”

Lindsay added that the short distance between the two buildings meant that switching offices was the not the imposing task it could have been. The move was entirely complete by the time the Alumni Office opened for business on Monday. Lindsay said office employees have settled in and are now carrying out “a little refurbishing.”

“We’re getting furniture in order, just some other cosmetic things we’re still working on,” he said.

Lindsay said that the space in the new building is roughly equivalent to the space available in the Alumni House, which will allow the office to hold events with alumni as soon as the refurbishing is complete.

“We’re going to have some alumni in here as soon as things are set up,” he said. He said Alumni House was a special building to work in.

“It’s a neat location with lots of history,” he said.

Alumni House is slated to undergo renovations within the next few months, with the eventual goal of becoming the residence of University President Steven Knapp. University officials have said that they hope Knapp and his wife will be able to move in by May.