Varsity Roundup, Scoreboard

Scoreboard

Volleyball

No. 14 Dayton, L, 3-0
Xavier, L, 3-0

Women’s soccer

Charlotte, L, 3-0
St. Louis, L, 1-0

Women’s swimming

Navy Pod Meet, third of four

Men’s swimming

Navy Pod Meet, third of four

Men’s cross country

Carnegie Mellon Invitational, third of 20

Women’s cross country

Men’s soccer

Richmond, W, 1-0

Varsity Roundup

Volleyball

The Colonials dropped a pair of matches, at No. 14 Dayton 3-0 Friday afternoon and at Xavier 3-0 Saturday. Dayton extended its winning streak to 20 games, the longest in the nation. Senior Janine Brown had 17 points and 16 kills to lead the Colonials (10-12, 2-4 Atlantic 10) against the Musketeers. GW, which has lost three straight games, next plays Duquesne Friday at Smith Center on Dig for the Cure Night, a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Women’s soccer

The women’s soccer team went scoreless in two games this weekend, losing 3-0 at Charlotte Friday afternoon and 1-0 at Saint Louis Sunday. GW managed just one shot on goal against Saint Louis, compared to 22 for the Billikens. Saint Louis, now 5-0-1, maintained its undefeated record, while the Colonials fell to 1-5-0 in league play (6-7-0 overall). GW hosts Richmond (3-9-2, 2-3-1 A-10) Saturday.

Men’s and women’s swimming

The Colonials finished third of four teams on both the men’s and women’s side at the Navy Pod Meet in Baltimore. The Midshipmen took first place, followed by Loyola (MD), GW and Catholic. Junior David Zenk won the 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard backstroke, while junior Lauren Fuchs took the 100- and 200-yard breastrokes.

Cross Country

Both the men’s and women’s cross country teams finished third out of 20 teams in their respective races at the Carnegie Mellon Invitational Saturday. Junior Audrey Noonan won the individual title for the second straight season at the Invite with a time of 18 minutes, 28.02 seconds. Next for GW is the Atlantic 10 championship Saturday in Philadelphia.

Golf

The Colonials tied for fifth out of 15 teams at the Big 5 Classic, hosted by the University of Pennsylvania, Saturday and Sunday. Senior Tim Johnson shot a one-under-par 70 during the second round to finish tied for 13th out of 82 individuals at Philadelphia Cricket Club in Flourtown, Pa. Senior Conor McMahon finished two shots back, tied for 19th.

Note: Lacrosse, men’s rowing and men’s and women’s tennis played this weekend, but their results were not available at press time.