$5 – $10 – $20: An entertainment guide for the cash-strapped college student

If you have $5

Are you a crafty bastard? The City Paper is sponsoring the 4th annual Crafty Bastards! Arts & Crafts fair this Sunday, Sept. 30 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at 18th Street NW and Wyoming Ave. N.W. in Adams Morgan. With 100 vendors, you’ll be able to buy some of the most unique crafts ever created, including cigar box guitars, decapitated Barbie jewelry, hand-screened clothing and accessories, original artwork and much, much more. Admission is free.

If you have $10

Check out Rocky Votolato at the Rock and Roll Hotel on Tuesday, Oct. 2. Coming from a small Texas town 100 miles south of Dallas, Votolato grew up on the sounds of Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash before moving to Seattle with his family, where he found his love for punk rock. The result? Votolato’s new album “The Brag & Cuss” (Barsuk) is pure alt-country and has been compared to Ryan Adams and Steve Earle.

If you have $20

Finally, 1970’s soul meets classical music! Four-time Grammy winner Roberta Flack, best known for her 1974 single “Killing Me Softly With His Song,” covered by Lauryn Hill and the Fugees in 1996, will be doing three performances with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center (2700 F St. N.W.). Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. and Friday-Saturday Sept. 28-29 at 8pm. Tickets are $20-$85.