Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

9/9/07 – Thurston Hall – 3:13 a.m. – case closed
University Police Department officers responded to a complaint about a suspicious odor. When officers arrived, they found four males – all residents of the room – and one female. UPD confirmed the smell was marijuana. The community director was contacted, who then performed an administrative search of the room and 5.8 grams of marijuana was confiscated along with drug paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services.

Liquor Law Violation

9/7/07 – West End – 12:45 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers on patrol observed five individuals in a room playing beer pong. The four females and one male were all underage. They were assessed to determine their levels of intoxication. One female was transported to the emergency room for further medical attention. Referred to SJS.

9/8/07 – 2200 block of H Street – 1:40 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers observed a female student vomiting into a trash can. Officers stopped to assess the underage female’s medical condition and she was then transported to GW’s emergency room for treatment. Referred to SJS.

9/9/07 – International House – 12:11 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a noise complaint and entered the room. They discovered five male and three female students drinking, all underage. The eight students were assessed. None of the individuals needed medical attention. Alcohol was disposed of on the scene. Referred to SJS.

Unlawful Entry

9/7/07 – JBKO – 7:15 p.m. – closed
UPD received a call from a female student who said she saw a suspicious individual in her residence hall. The female was in her room with the door open when a male individual entered. He asked for a strawberry that was sitting on the table. When the complainant refused, the individual left the room. The female reported that the individual continued pacing the floor in the hallway, and when he came back to her room she closed the door. She noted the male appeared to be intoxicated. No identifiable suspect.