Grammy winner OK Go will headline Fall Fest

Grammy-award winning band OK Go will perform at Fall Fest on Sept. 8 in University Yard.

The outdoor concert will also feature singer-songwriter Derek James and student band Bottles/Cans, which consists of GW undergraduates Kevin Eskowitz, Zach Pentel and Brendan Polmer.

“OK Go’s unique sound, coupled with their ability to captivate their audience, makes this concert something to truly look forward to,” said senior Jay Kaplan, executive chairman of Program Board. “This is definitely one that shouldn’t be missed.”

Well-known for their creative music videos and catchy songs, OK Go has released two albums in the past five years. The band also recently spent their summer touring with The Fray globally.

Earlier this year, OK Go won a Grammy for the music video to “Here it Goes Again.” The video shows the band performing complex dance moves on six moving treadmills and is the sixth most viewed video in YouTube history.

Past performers at Fall Fest include Kanye West, Common and Robert Randolph and the Family Band.

“(Program Board) tries to pick out the up and coming artists that pair well with a large percentage of the student population’s musical interests,” Kaplan said. “I think that OK Go certainly fits the bill.”

In addition to the musical acts, Fall Fest will feature a strongman competition, a pie-eating contest sponsored by the Inter-Fraternity Council and a dunk tank where students can dunk leaders from the Student Association, the College Democrats and Republicans and The Hatchet.