Kenan Cole: Mechanical Engineering

When Kenan Cole was younger she watched NCAA games on TV. In her last four years at GW, she was a key player in women’s basketball team’s tournament games.

Cole, the only senior on this year’s squad, proved that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. She is a pillar of strength and dedication for the team while maintaining a high GPA.

“Doing all of this doesn’t really leave a lot of time for much else,” Cole said. “But it’s worth it. It has been such a great experience, being able to do the NCAA tour all four years.”

Cole was given the Academic Excellence Award last month for the fourth-consecutive year. She is also an ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American. With the team and her academics competing for her time, Cole has come out a winner in her juggling act.

“I definitely learned time management skills and how to look ahead. Also, my professors have been really helpful. They’re always more than willing to help me out when I need it,” Cole said.

For being on a team as successful as the Colonials, she has been able to utilize her inner drive.

“The competitiveness of being on the team is motivation in itself. And I’m always going to try to do well in school; that’s just a given,” Cole said.

After graduation, she will remain not only in Washington, but on campus as well, pursuing a master’s degree in engineering while working for the University as a Presidential Administrative Fellow.

“I’ll miss being a part of the team the most,” Cole said. “They’re more than friends, because before I was even friends with them, they were already a part of my team,” Cole said. “They mean a lot to me, after having all our games, competitions and support for each other.”