Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

4/20/07 – 800 Block of 23rd Street – 11:00 a.m. – case closed
A GW faculty member reported that he was verbally threatened while he parked and unloaded equipment on 23rd Street. Another individual, unaffiliated with GW, pulled up beside him and ordered him to move the vehicle. The faculty member said he would move the vehicle after he unloaded it, and then the unaffiliated individual threatened him. The faculty member reported the incident and gave the University Police Department the individual’s license plate number.
-Public space incident

4/20/07 – Off-Campus – 6:15 a.m. – case closed
A female student indicated that an unknown male approached her while she was on New Hampshire Avenue. The male stopped her and asked her to take a picture of him. The digital camera was set to preview mode, and there was a nude picture of the male on the screen. The student took the picture and left the area.
-Off-campus incident

<Drug Law Violation

4/20/07 – Thurston Hall – 2:12 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers on patrol received an anonymous complaint that an individual was smoking marijuana. The community director conducted an administrative search of the male student’s room and found 14 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia.
-Referred to Student Judicial Services

4/19/07 – Thurston Hall – 9:29 p.m. – case closed
While UPD was on patrol, officers detected a suspicious odor emanating from a room. They knocked on the door and made contact with a female occupant. The community director conducted an administrative search, and officers confiscated 3.1 grams of marijuana. Two of the four other female roommates arrived during the search.
-Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

4/21/07 – 2000 Block of G Street – 10:55 p.m. – case closed
UPD observed an individual unaffiliated with GW exit a cab, fall and hit his head on the pavement. He was treated by EMeRG and transported to GW Hospital for further medical treatment.
-Referred to SJS

4/19/07 – Thurston Hall – 11:15 p.m. – case closed
UPD was dispatched to respond to a noise complaint. Officers knocked on the door, and the occupants answered the door. Officers found open containers of alcohol in the room with three female students and five male students who were underage. No one needed further medical attention, and all alcohol was disposed of on scene.
-Referred to SJS

4/20/07 – 2100 Block of E Street – 8:15 p.m. – case closed
Metropolitan Police Department officers contacted UPD about three underage male students who tried to purchase liquor at Riverside Liquors with fake IDs. MPD apprehended the students and confiscated their IDs. The students were turned over to UPD.
-Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

4/20/07 – 700 Block of 22nd Street – 2:15 a.m. – case closed
Two females reported that they were walking with four other friends when a car pulled up. Three males exited the vehicle and approached the complainants. During the verbal exchange, one male placed his hand on the buttocks of a female. The female complainants told the males to get out of the area, and they left.
-No identifiable suspects

-complied by Ashley Roberts