Crime Log

Fugitive from Justice

4/14/07 – 600 Block of 21st Street – 2:00 p.m. – case closed
An individual fell into the emergency phone near Strong Hall. Officers approached the man and found he did not have an emergency. Officers compared the individual’s identification card to the name he gave officers and determined he was lying about his identity. Officers ran the individual’s information through the National Crime Information Computer/Washington Area Law Enforcement System. The man had a bench warrant on him, and he was placed under arrest. He was transported to the 2nd District Metropolitan Police Department station for processing.
– Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct

4/15/07 – Marvin Center – 11:00 p.m. – case closed
Four juveniles unaffiliated with GW were at an event at Marvin Center. Two female juveniles were fighting with one another while two males were fighting with one another. The two fights were separate but appeared to be connected. University Police Department officers released the juveniles to their legal guardians and barred the individuals from campus.
– Subjects barred from campus

4/12/07 – Francis Scott Key Hall – 10:22 p.m. – case closed
UPD received an anonymous call about objects being thrown out of an FSK window, which hit a car. UPD officers arrived on scene and identified the suspected individual. The student denied throwing an object out the window, but his window was open and the screen was missing. His window was in the general direction from which the object was thrown.
– Referred to Student Judicial Services

Drug Law Violation

4/11/07 – Fulbright Hall – 8:23 p.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a call about a suspicious odor in Fulbright Hall. Seven male students and one female student were in the room. The community director conducted an administrative search and found 6.2 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia.
– Referred to SJS

4/11/07 – Fulbright Hall – 9:40 a.m. – case closed
The community director notified UPD that an administrative search was going to be conducted after she had received an anonymous report of drugs in the Fulbright room. The community director found trace amounts of marijuana, paraphernalia and various controlled substances in the form of different prescription pills. Two male residents were present at the time of the search.
– Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

4/12/07 – Townhouse Row – 11:31 p.m. – case closed
Officers responded to a noise complaint. They swept the area and found four students playing beer games. Two were underage, and all four were assessed. Officers determined none needed medical attention.
– Referred to SJS

Unlawful Entry

04/15/07 – Gelman Library – 1:45 a.m. – case closed
An individual unaffiliated with the University and who had previously been barred from campus returned to the University. She was arrested for trespassing.
– Subject Arrested

-compiled by Ashley Roberts