Varsity Roundup

Softball

The GW softball team split games against St. Bonaventure Saturday afternoon at the Mount Vernon Athletic Complex. GW lost the first game 8-1 before taking the second 4-3. It was the Colonials’ first win over the Bonnies in program history. Junior Caroline Howe hit home runs in both games for GW (18-17, 5-7 Atlantic 10).

W. Rowing

The women’s crew team defeated Georgetown in the Class of 1998 Cup at the Potomac River Saturday afternoon. The Varsity Eight and Varsity Four boats defeated the Hoyas in their respective races to regain the Cup after losing it a year ago. The Colonials will head to Camden, N.J., next weekend for the Atlantic 10 Championship.

W. Water Polo

The Colonials finished its regular season with two losses against CWPA Southern Division foes in Lewisburg, Pa., Saturday afternoon. GW lost 10-7 to No. 16 Princeton followed by a 13-7 loss to host Bucknell. GW (6-19, 0-6 CWPA) will face Princeton again April 21 in the first round of the CWPA Southern Division Championships.

Golf

Junior Tim Johnson shot a five-over-par 147 over two rounds to tie for ninth place at the rain-shortened Princeton Invitational Saturday afternoon in Princeton, N.J. It was Johnson’s first top-10 finish this season. The Colonials finished tied for fifth place with the University of Pennsylvania and Towson University with a team score of 596.

Baseball

The GW baseball team defeated Massachusetts in two of three games April 13 and 14 in Amherst, Mass. The Colonials won the first game 9-1, fell in the second 5-4 and took the third game 6-1. It was the first conference series victory for GW (13-23, 5-7 Atlantic 10) this season.

Lacrosse

The Colonials defeated Temple 7-6 Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia. It was GW’s first win over the Owls in program history. Freshman Taylor Donahue scored three goals, including the winner with just less than two minutes remaining in the game. The Colonials (7-5, 3-1 Atlantic 10) are tied for second place in the A-10 with Richmond and are half a game behind St. Bonaventure.