Capp’s vice presidents pass first step toward confirmation

The Student Association Senate-elect Rules Committee approved all of SA President-elect Nicole Capp’s vice presidential and directorship nominees late Tuesday night in the Marvin Center, said Senator-elect Kevin Kozlowski (U-At Large), chair of the Rules Committee.

Even though next year’s SA members have not officially taken office, members have already begun securing positions in next year’s executive administration.

The Senate must approve the nominees in order for the vice presidents to take office.

Kozlowski, a sophomore, said he was “impressed with the quality and strength” of Capp’s nominees and does not foresee difficulties in passing all of the applicants at the Senate-elect confirmation.

“The fact that all of Nicole’s nominees passed unanimously through the Committee on Rules shows the strength and eagerness of all the students chosen to serve in the Executive for next year,” Kozlowski wrote in an e-mail.

Capp said she was “surprised and honored” by the more than 50 students who applied for positions on the SA executive.

The Senate-elect will meet again April 25 to vote on Capp’s nominees. Once the nominees pass the Senate-elect, they will officially take office following the swearing in ceremony of the SA-elect officers on April 30.

Visit the SA blog for all of Capp’s nominees that passed the Rules Committee.