Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

3/16/07 – Marvin Center – 4:09 p.m. – case closed
A female was in the GW Bookstore trying to return a book she purchased previously. She was informed that she could not return the book, and an argument ensued. The individual left before University Police Department officers arrived.
– Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

3/10/07 – Townhouse Row – 1:03 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a noise complaint. There were 11 students playing beer games in one of the townhouses, eight of whom were underage. All the alcohol was disposed of on-scene.
– Referred to SJS

3/16/07 – Merriweather Hall – 11:20 a.m. – case closed
UPD was on patrol and noticed an open door inside the residence hall. Two bottles of alcohol were seen, and there was a student sleeping on a bed. The individual was questioned, and he said the bottles belonged to a second student who then came out of the bathroom. The second individual said he had a party the previous night.
– Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

3/8/07 – New Hall- 12:15 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a suspicious odor. The community director was contacted and conducted an administrative search. Marijuana residue and paraphernalia, such as several pipes, were discovered. There were six male students and one female student.
– Referred to SJS

3/19/07 – Mitchell Hall – 3:35 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a noise complaint. When the room’s occupants opened the door, officers smelled marijuana. The community director was contacted and conducted an administrative search. Marijuana and alcohol were confiscated from the room.
– Referred to SJS

Harassment

3/9/07 – New Hall – 1:56 a.m. – case closed
A male student went to the room of two female students to visit a third roommate who was not in the room at the time. He used the second female’s phone to call the third roommate. The roommate did not answer her phone, and the male became verbally abusive. He began to call the two females’ names, and UPD responded. UPD warned the male student to stay away from the two females.
– Referred to SJS

– compiled by Ashley Roberts