Crime Log

Simple Assault

2/04/07 – Marvin Center – 1:05 a.m. – open case
The University Police Department was on patrol after an event in the Marvin Center when officers witnessed a fight occur between two individuals. Before the officers could break up the fight, one person was thrown into a window, shattering it. The complainant refused to file assault charges. UPD removed everyone from the area and contacted EMeRG and the Metropolitan Police Department. Facilities Management was also contacted so maintenance personnel could repair the broken window.
-Open case

Disorderly Conduct

2/02/07 – Crawford Hall – 2:40 a.m. – case closed
A roommate dispute between two male students escalated into a physical altercation with the two students wrestling with each other. UPD was contacted and dispatched to the scene. The students were in separate rooms when UPD arrived. Both refused to press charges, and both refused further medical attention. The community director was notified.
-Referred to Student Judicial Services
Assault

2/02/07 – Off Campus – 2:15 a.m. – case closed
A female student reported being assaulted by an unknown male outside a restaurant after she and a male friend had gone to several nightclubs. The unknown male hit the student in the face several times. Her friend tried to assist her, and he was hit in the face as well. Both refused medical treatment, and both refused to contact MPD.
-Off-campus incident

Drug Law Violation

2/02/07 – Potomac House – 2:02 a.m. – case closed
UPD received a call regarding a suspicious odor. Officers responded and met with the occupants. The community director was contacted and conducted an administrative search. Two bongs and 7.8 grams of marijuana were found.
-Referred to SJS

2/01/07 – Guthridge Hall – 3:05 p.m. – case closed
During a health and safety inspection, Risk Management notified the community director on duty of drug paraphernalia found in a room. The community director contacted UPD officers, who stood by during the administrative search. Several pipes, a bong and alcohol were discovered in the underage students’ room. All pipes and the bong tested positive for marijuana.
-Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

2/02/07 – Ivory Tower – 12:21 a.m. – case closed
UPD noticed a student enter Ivory Tower who appeared to be intoxicated. The student was underage and disorderly. Officers contacted EMeRG, which transported the subject to GW Hospital for further medical treatment.
-Referred to SJS