Corrections and clarifications

Corrections

In the article “Activists protest Iraq War” (Jan. 29, p. 1) “Dancing Flowers for Peace” member Noel Martz was mistakenly characterized as a male. She is one of the seven female members of the group.

In the article “Endowment breaks $1 billion” (Feb. 1, p. 1), University President Stephen Joel Trachtenberg was misattributed in saying that Princeton’s endowment is $200 million per student; he said their endowment is about $2 million per student.

In the article “World Bank hosts Rwanda genocide talk” (Feb. 5, p. 8) The Hatchet misreported the influence cameraman Nick Hughes’s images of the Rwandan genocide had on the 2004 film “Hotel Rwanda.” In the same article, the ethnicity of Thomas Kamilindi, born of a Hutu mother and a Tutsi father, and his Hutu wife were misreported.

In the article “Housing deadlines approaching – be prepared,” (Feb. 5, p. 7) Seth Weinshel was misquoted as saying that there will be a list for students who are unhappy with their assignment. There will not be a list, but students who are unhappy with their assignments can sign up for a room swap and find another to swap rooms with.

In the article “Chaplain weighs Guantanamo” (Feb 5, o. 3) The Hatchet erroneously reported the sponsoring group of the event. The Muslim Student Association sponsored the event.

Clarification

In the Opinions column “Transparency needs to make an appearance” (Feb.5, p. 4) the author Juliet Moser stated that some University financial records are hard to find and that financial records should be available to students. The University makes available reviews of the last four years worth of operating budgets on the University Budget Office’s Web site at www.gwu.edu/~univbud.